an interview with lloyd spiegel
back to previous page ... »
With 8 albums, a swag of accolades and 20 years of performing, writing and recording, Lloyd Spiegel has certainly squeezed more into 30 years than many do in a lifetime. It’s that experience and presence well beyond his years that has seen him become one of this country’s leading Blues artists and most respected guitarists. His incredible command of the guitar, powerful voice and high energy performance captivates any audience.
In between extensive touring within Australia, Lloyd has travelled all over the world with frequent tours to Germany, Italy, Japan and the U.S.A, where he’s toured coast to coast 6 times. During these tours he has performed at some of the world’s best known Blues venues and largest festivals as well as showcasing at every major international guitar player’s event in the world.
He’s played bills with legendary Blues artists from Buddy Guy and Etta James to Ray Charles, as well as artists from a range of musical genres including Bob Dylan, Peter Frampton and Willie Nelson.
During his time in the U.S.A, he was invited to teach and lecture for the prestigious “Blues In The schools” program. This nation-wide project is designed to teach American youth about the tradition of Blues within their culture and also supplies lessons and instruments to students who otherwise couldn’t afford to have music in their lives.
Lloyd has also been awarded the following honours:
- Australian Blues Award, Band Of The Year 2005
- Victorian Blues Award, Band/Solo Artist Of The Year 2004
- Victorian Blues Award, Song Of The Year 2004
- Victorian Blues Award, Male Artist Of The Year 2004
- Official Ambassador To The Aust Blues Festival 2005 / 2006
- 2010 Producer Of The Year Victorian Blues Awards
- 2010 Male Artist Of The YearVictorian Blues Awards
- 2010 Solo/Duo Of The YearVictorian Blues Awards
Lloyd Spiegel is also the Premier Endorsee of Cole Clark Guitars and an Official Endorsee of Strauss amplifiers and Wazinator stomp pads.